Communicating online is easier and more efficient with the use of Email. Email, also known as Electronic mail, is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. As of now, there are over 1billion users of email. Here are some other facts about Email.
• In 2009, the most common password used by email users is “123456.”
• @ in Morse code conbines the string Morse for “A” and “C,” and is known as the “commat,” an abbreviation of “commercial at.”
• Last 2010, Yahoo! Mail is the biggest webmail service in the U.S. Hotmail or “Windows Live Hotmail” comes in second. And, Gmail is at third place.
• In 1991, the first e-mail from space was sent. It was sent by the crew of STS-43 Atlantis. They used Apple’s early AppleLink software on a Macintosh Portable to transmit a message.
• The first e-mail message was sent by Ray Tomlinson. He was working out some useful applications for MIT’s ARPANET project (evolved into the Internet.) He sent a message between two side-by-side computers. Tomlinson says he can’t remember the content of that first message but it likely read “testing 123” or “QWERTYUIOP.”
• Spam came from an online role playing chat rooms from the ’80s called MUDs. It generally means to any type of abusive online behavior.
Info Source From: www.vodien.com